Great News!

So Monday afternoon, JB came to my work to let me sign our official offer for the new house. I mentioned before about the realtor suggesting we offer a very low price, really just to see where they countered. Even though that idea scared the heck out of me, because I knew there was someone else interested in the place, we did it. What we offered was about $2000 over her suggestion, just to play a little more on the safe side of the street…

Yesterday morning, the offer went in. So then it was really just a waiting game to see where they countered. We KNEW they would counter. Heck, I would definitely have countered that offer!

This morning, I was sitting around, watching a movie after getting the kids off to school. I had a really bad headache, so I canceled my, um, yearly doctor’s visit (you girls know what I’m talking about, and I was in no mood to deal with that today) and I was seriously thinking about laying down to try to sleep off the headache a bit. JB called, and said they had presented a counter offer. It was about $6000 off their original asking price, and they were willing to pay $2500 of our closing cost. DEAL!

We made the quick decision to meet up roughly halfway between here and the city, which is around Macon…we ate lunch and looked over the papers, and signed the counter offer. If all goes well, we will close on our house here September 30th, and the new house October 4th.


Speak Your Mind!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s