Happy Mother’s Day!
My children came home from school yesterday with their handmade Mother’s Day presents. They are a little beat up from the trip from school to home, but I just love these little things. I have saved every single one, from every single year.
This is an email that my mom sent me last night, and I’m sure she’s probably been hanging on to it to send it at just the appropriate time 😉
Here’s how several elementary school students answered the following questions about moms:
Why did God make mothers?
• She’s the only one who knows where the Scotch tape is.
• Mostly to clean the house.
• To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
• He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
• Magic, plus superpowers and a lot of stirring.
• God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
• God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world. . .and one dab of mean.
• They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
• We’re related.
• God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s moms like me.
Don’t believe for one minute that children will always compliment their mom:
When first-graders were asked to complete the sentence, “My mother cooks the best . . . ,” one boy supplied “that she can.”
For all of those moms who drive endless miles back and forth to dance, gymnastics, soccer, basketball, church, school and friends houses…
For all of those moms whose “second job” begins each night after the kids are tucked neatly in bed…
For all of those moms who feel like a wipe is permanently attached to your hand…
For all of those moms who know every program on television from 12-5AM…
For the moms who have spent many nights crying and praying over their children…
For the moms who guard and protect their families each day from harm…
Happy Mother’s Day!