There are so many days that I miss our old house. It was a place where things were nice, most of the time clean, well built, and functioning.
When we made the decision to move and let me stay home with the kids, we knew that we were slashing our income drastically. Thus making the need clear to find a smaller house than what we ideally wanted, one that we could afford on single income. We’ve made a lot of sacrifices to be in this home, but I think with time we can make it a place that we want to be.
So honey, here’s your project list!
- Fix that horribly built fence. Homeboy before us WAS NOT good in the handyman department. The whole point of a privacy fence is so that we have privacy…not so anybody can easily peer through the ginormous cracks in the fence and see what we’re doing. If I decide I want to skinnydip in the pool, it would be nice if nobody could see me. Not that I would do that, or anything.
- Build decent gates. Yeah, this goes along with the fence. But only He-Man can move those gates that Handyman Wannabe built. Not to mention, the gaping hole in the fence where he meant to put one of his crappy gates just bugs me every time I look at it.
- Pressure wash the house. Oh dear gah, PLEASE. I can’t stand looking at dirty siding. This whole house needs a washing. Don’t say you’re waiting until you can afford to buy a pressure washer of your own…we have two neighbors who have offered to let you use theirs.
- Pretty pretty please get us a storm door for the front of the house! I’d love to open the door and let the light into this cave like living room.
- While we are talking about the front door, I’d like it painted black, please and thank you.
- You know I want to rip up every dang bit of this ugly tile floor. Hardwood would be lovely. And so much better looking.
- Don’t glare at me when I suggest yellow paint. Trust me, it will look great.
- We seriously need to discuss the state of the garage. As in, I’m a little afraid to walk in there.
- Two words. Fugly countertops. Enough said.
- Please sand the kitchen table so I can paint it. Black. No I’m not emo or goth. I just like black, dear.