I have seen this one floating around the blogosphere for a while, but I’ve never once tried it for myself. With my kids gone for the week, I have a feeling things might be kind of quiet around here…so here goes!
1. Who is your "what-if" person? At one time, I had a “what-if” person. I married young, my high school sweetheart, and we had always had a very up and down relationship. That’s what happens when you throw two extremely stubborn personalities and bad tempers together! That “what-if” person was someone that I felt I had never given a fair chance to. Well, long story short, things happen for a reason…and there is a reason they didn’t make it to your future!
2. What is your nickname? Hmm. I go by Mama, Stace, Small Child (my dad), Little Bit (by everyone who picks on me about my height), one that plays off my last name (if you know it, stick S in front of it and just say it), and a highly embarrassing nickname that I earned when I was talking and charting at the same time. Ah, search engines be hanged…I was charting and talking with other nurses about helping one of my patients breastfeed, we had been struggling all day and I was frustrated…instead of my last name I wrote nipples without realizing it. It happened YEARS ago and yet some of my former coworkers *still* call me S. Nipples, RN. Go ahead. Laugh. I can laugh about it, now.
3. If you could choose how you died, how would you like to die? In my sleep. I don’t like pain and suffering!
4. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have picked? My mom tells me that when I was a kid, I walked around telling everyone to call me Peggy. I have no idea why! I was almost named Lori Lynn. Thank goodness for my dad, who decided at the last minute he didn’t like Lori for me…because with my married last name, I would have been a mouthful of L’s.
5. Who were you named after or for what reason did your parents choose your name? My first name is all mine. My middle name, Lynn, is part of my mother’s name, and so she passed it down to me. I also have two cousins with the same middle name. That was a fact that escaped me when I was racking my brain for my daughter’s middle name…I turned around and gave it to her as well.