I’m not usually big on making New Year’s Resolutions…mostly because I end up breaking them two weeks into the new year.
That said, I have had a few ‘resolution’ like thoughts floating around in my head for a couple weeks now. Maybe if I actually write them down it will give me a smidge of accountability! I shall call them…goals. 😉
- Exercise and lose weight. Yeah, the epitome of New Year’s resolutions, right? But we have a gym membership that we never use, but we don’t cancel because it stupidly would cost us mega bucks to do so. Might as well use it, right? My goal is to lose about 10 pounds, and go down at least one or two sizes.
- Eat healthier. This goes along with Resolution Thing #1, but I’ve got to start doing better.
- Work on projects around the house. I’ve accepted we are probably going to be in this house a while, I might as well bite the bullet and make it feel like HOME. And if I wait around on my husband to help me, I will NEVER live in a truly finished home.
- Read 50 books this year. It sounds like a lot to me to say it that way. But really, I glanced over my list of read books on Good Reads yesterday, and I read 40 books in 2010 (that I remembered to list on Good Reads, anyway…I can think of at least 5 that I didn’t list.)
- Spend less time on the computer. This is gonna be a hard one for me. Y’all have no idea! I have gotten better about it during the day, because I’m sticking to my to do lists. But in the evenings, when my family is all here at home, my time needs to be focused on THEM, not the computer.
So there ya have it. My goal list for 2011 🙂